Lantang Trekk. 5th day Phedi-Laurebina Yak


5th day Phedi-Laurebina Yak
200 mts total(though we did 600 mts) 7 hours

I did not mention up to this point the difference of speed between Johan and I which was high.. 

Johan would always be in front, quite ahead of me. I would either go few meters behind or very very far away, with no chance to be heard..in those cases he would always wait for me at some point of the trekk, then meet me and continue with this kind of rythm.

During some parts, especially in the forest we were good, walking same and talking. While climbing, I would be delayed, and also while going down where I was slow, I was afraid to hurt myself while going down, especially if it was too steep

In any case, that day he started fast and I did not feel like going fast but moving down. For me, the pace was quite fast in general and that day I wanted to take it easy.

So at one point, we meet the Belgiums who left earlier than us but whom we will eventually meet in our running through the mountains. Stay a bit with them talking and them I saw Johan making me signs to move up and continue.

I think it twice and decided to stay with them.  So he continued and I was with them for some time until I met Malti and Anna who were passing by.

Belgiums pace was a bit too slow for me, after staying with Johan for 4 days and thought that Anna and Malti way was much closer to my own, so I joined them and we overtook them.

We meet johan who was waiting for me at some point as usual and after talking to him we decided I will stick with the couple and he will go forward and we will meet at the lakes. I think he really wanted to speed up and I was making him going slow or slower than usual. I wanted also to go more on my own pace.

So we continue each in our own way. I enjoyed with Malti and Anna, talking about different things and going much slower. Especially  while passing the Laurebina pass of 4610 mts, higher elevation up to this day. The landscape was beautiful that day, much more than usual, with less vegetation, and no fog only a bit of clouds which would also look nice mixed up wth the mountains.











Colors were incredible, red, yellows, browns all mixed together in the whole mountain. When we got to the top of the pass, we could make amazing photos, especially with the lakes at the bottom which looked beautiful






















Following the lakes we got to Gosaikunda were Johan was waiting for me for lunch. We had lunch together and also with the Nepalese who arrive a bit later and decided to move on. Anna and Malti, however decided to stay so we had to say goodbye to them.

We continued with the Nepalese through the way in the mountains, again with an amazing view, this time of the mountains. After reaching another higher point after the pass we started to descend a bit towards Laurebina Yak, a small village (basically three guest houses) in a valley in the middle of the mountains. This day, going towards Laurebina we gained half a day over the planned itinerary.



















There we all stayed together with Belgiums and Nepalese and we had a nice night. Only one of the Nepalese was a bit sick..due to highness, we believed and had to stay in his bed. We started talking to the other one, who updated us a bit on Nepal situation at the moment..basically bad, very bad

According to him, remittances are the main source of money Nepal is getting in the current time. Remittances from family and people working abroad. Second source of revenue is tourism. No wonder why they do puss so much to tourists.

He mentioned that in a country with six hours a day of power cut is difficult for any company to work. Also goverment does not make things easy for foreign companies. In summary, they do not have much more way to develop right now and the main hope of most Nepalese is to get the a way out of the country, especially in USA, favorite destinitation, where they work in gas stations or other kind of jobs to send money to their country.

After this chat which was accompanied with some Roxy, we again went to bed early (our average time everyday was 8 pm!)




Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Lantang trekk 6th day- Laurebina Yak- Bamboo

Acatenango

Semuk Champey