Lantang Trekk..Introduction

Lantang Trekk


I will write this post in English mainly for Johan, who was with me in the trekk and whom I want to understand everything and be able to comment/critize/deny etc..any of the possible comments I will make.  I also want him to be able to have this part of my memories, on my long trip, “available” to read whenever he wants..it is like the diary of our trek, it was our trek.

I am sorry for my mum and few friends who will not be able to read this post but I do not know if they would do even if I write it in Spanish. I will also not be able to express as good as in Spanish what happened, and many grammatical mistakes might be found but well, hope it would be, in general, understood.

Ok, lets start sharing the map and the initial route Johan and I planned before leaving. We did in a small pub in Kathmandu following the advice of one guy we just met on the corner (smart eh?)

1st day Sundarijal (reach by one hour bus from Kathmandu)-Chisopani
2nd day Chisopani-Kutumsang
3rd day Kutumsang-Thadepati
4th day Thadepati- Gosaikund lakes
5th day Gosaikund-Thulo Shyaphru
6th day Thulo Shyaphru- Lama Hotel
7th day Lama hotel- Lantang
8th day  Lantang- Kyanjing Gumpa
9th day Kyanjing Gumpa- Lama Hotel
10th day Lama Hotel-Shyaphru Besi
11th day back to Kathamandu

This was for Lantang, and occupied the 14 days Johan has as holidays. Then we changed our minds and decided to to Everest. After changing from Everest to Lantang and again a couple of times during the first day, buy both maps, Lantang was finally decided. The only thing we did not like about Lantang was that according to that guy we met on the corner, there were the chance to meet dangerous animals..which sounds really scary, especially if you only count with a food knife which probably we will now know how to use. After asking around in official entities, we were ensure no beards, leopards or any other animal was “likely” to show up in our way so we decide to move on with the Lantang trek.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Lantang trekk 6th day- Laurebina Yak- Bamboo

Acatenango

Semuk Champey